You could be a published author!
At Junior Writers Club, we love helping young writers share their stories with other creative storytellers. Your poem or short story could appear in The Clubhouse, our monthly newsletter!
Publishing a story in The Clubhouse is great way to get started with your writing career and share your creativity with other young writers.
Stories are published offline in our print newsletter, which we send to subscribers during the first week of every month.
The Clubhouse submissions are always open. To be considered for next month’s newsletter, please send your work before the 10th of the current month. Submissions received after this will be saved for future issues.
Still searching for the right idea? Try one of these:
- short story
- book, game, movie, or TV show review
- list of things that you find interesting
- diary entry about a day in your life
- joke or riddle you’ve made up
- interview with a friend or celebrity.
Are you ready to submit your writing to be published in The Clubhouse? Great! Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Young writers must be residents of Australia.
- All submissions must be the child’s own work.
- All submissions should be edited for spelling and grammar to the best of your ability.
- Young writers must have a parent or guardian’s permission to submit work to The Clubhouse.
- All work will be published alongside the author’s first name, last name, age, and state. If you would like to use a pen name, please let us know.
- Due to space limitations, preference will be given to shorter submissions. The Clubhouse has a maximum word count of 1,000 for all submissions.
- Please send your submission using the form below. Make sure to include your name, age, and state.
- While you don’t have to be a subscriber to submit your work, we encourage young writers to purchase a The Clubhouse subscription. That way, you can receive a copy of your published story!
We can’t wait to read your writing!