Would you like to have a story published in a brand new anthology?
Are you aged between 8 & 18?
What is an anthology? An anthology is a collection of writing (like stories and poems) and we are putting together our very own anthology written by you!
The Junior Writers Club is publishing their next anthology in Term 2, 2021 and we are looking for stories, poems, and pieces of non-fiction on the theme “Monster Sushi and Other Weird Dishes“.
We are looking for stories and poems on the topic of food!
Some ideas could include:
- Strange food your family serves up on special occasions
- A meal when a dragon or other strange creature comes to join you
- A recipe for an unusual dish
- Something odd that happens when you get an ingredient wrong in a favourite dish
- An ode to your favourite food
- Something else…
Be creative and be sure to have fun! If you are stuck for an idea, you can always contact us and ask for some help.
We look forward to receiving your entry soon.
If you have any issues with the below form, you can email your story as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Closing Date – 11 June 2021
Conditions of Entry
Please read carefully before submitting
- You must have permission from your parents and/or legal guardians to submit to the anthology.
- Each story will be published with the authors first and last names, age, and state.
- To enter you must be between 8 and 18 years old at the closing date of the anthology.
- There is no fee to submit writing to the anthology,
- Submission is available to Australian residents only.
- Stories, poems, and works of non-fiction are to be a maximum of 1500 words
- Writers may only submit one entry each.
- All work must be family friendly
- Only one author per story, poem, or work of non-fiction
- All writing must be previously unpublished original works and must not have won prizes, contracts or cash in any other competition.
- Submissions will only be accepted with a correctly completed entry form including contact details for the parent/guardian of the child entering.
- Submissions must be submitted using the online entry form.
- Submissions sent in by schools must have the relevant permission by parents. We require all submissions to have the students first and last name, age, and state to be published in the anthology.
- Copyright will remain the property of the author.
- Submissions that fail to comply with all entry rules and requirements will be disqualified.
- Writers will be notified through the email address or phone number provided of the publication details of the anthology and the opportunity to pre-order your copy
- The cost of the anthology will depend on the number of pages of the book. If enough stories are received, we may publish more than one anthology
- We will not share your email, phone number, address or personal details with others, however we will add you to our database so you can be notified of future anthologies, competitions, and courses.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm on 11 June 2021