Would you like to have a story published in a brand new anthology?
Are you aged between 8 & 18? If you are currently 19, you can submit a story so long as you are enrolled in year 12 during 2020, either at a school or homeschool.
What is an anthology? An anthology is a collection of writing (like stories and poems) and we are putting together our very own anthology written by you!
The Junior Writers Club is publishing their second anthology in early 2021 and we are looking for stories, poems, and pieces of non-fiction on the theme “A Most Unusual Pet“.
We are looking for stories about pets that may be real and can do something unusual, or could be a fictional pet.
Stories could include information about:
- How your pet came to join your family
- Unusual tricks your pet can do
- Caring for your pet
- Something else entirely
Be creative and be sure to have fun!
We look forward to receiving your entry soon.
If you have any issues with the below form, you can email your story as a Word document to email@example.com
Deadline: Closing Date – 4 December 2020
Conditions of Entry
Please read carefully before submitting
- You must have permission from your parents and/or legal guardians to submit to the anthology.
- Each story will be published with the authors first and last names, age, and state.
- To enter you must be between 8 years old and 18 years old at the closing date of the anthology.
- There is no fee to submit writing to the anthology,
- Submission is available to Australian residents only.
- Stories, poems, and works of non-fiction are to be a maximum of 1500 words
- Writers may only submit one entry each.
- All work must be family friendly
- Only one author per story, poem, or work of non-fiction
- All writing must be previously unpublished original works and must not have won prizes, contracts or cash in any other competition.
- Submissions will only be accepted with a correctly completed entry form including contact details for the parent/guardian of the child entering.
- Submissions must be submitted using the online entry form.
- Submissions sent in by schools must contain contact details of the parent/guardian or they will not be accepted.
- Copyright will remain the property of the author.
- Submissions that fail to comply with all entry rules and requirements will be disqualified.
- Writers will be notified through the email address or phone number provided of the publication details of the anthology and the opportunity to pre-order your copy
- The cost of the anthology will depend on the number of pages of the book. If enough stories are received, we may publish more than one anthology
- We will not share your email, phone number, address or personal details with others, however we will add you to our database so you can be notified of future anthologies, competitions, and courses.
- Entries must be received by 11:59pm on 4 December 2020